Some Evan Tanner news

Evan kept a diary/journal since his elementary schools days. After his death the family stored them and would not allow them to be published or seen. A few years ago they met with a writer and there is a book being written that will have everything up until his death.

Also, there is a network that reached out to a few of us and there will be something special for just not those fans of Evan but for the fans of the history of the sport.

Hope all has been well.

GB

33 Likes

That’s good news, not just for the money it will generate for his family but also an insight into the issues he faced before his death , it could help somebody else that is struggling.

7 Likes

It’s always nice when you drop in! Thanks for the heads up and I hope you have a great holiday with your family and loved ones…

8 Likes

Gr8

Great to hear, thanks for the update. Hope you’re well man.

Would you want someone to publish your journal after your death?

3 Likes

From what I recall, Evan was quite candid about his life on the interwebz. Posting here and blogging before blogging had a name. I don’t think his family would do something they felt he wouldn’t approve of.

3 Likes

He did. He told me many times and others as well.

7 Likes

GB is one of OG insiders this board has ever seen.

Out of curiosity did any of you all ever figure out who HammersHammil is or was?

2 Likes

I never knew we were trying to figure out who he is/was…

2 Likes

Gotcha. I recall a lot of people speculating at the time. That dude would drop some crazy posts.

RIP to one of the greatest.

4 Likes

Yes, esp when it comes to USWF, post-USWF Amarillo fight scene, and Evan.

1 Like