Gaethje Ready to Make History by knocking out Max

1 Like

Despite swearing that he would sit on the sidelines and wait for a well-earned lightweight title shot against Islam Makhachev, Justin Gaethje returns at UFC 300 to put his BMF title on the line against Max Holloway instead.

According to Gaethje, the decision to fight Holloway was just a matter of timing. With the 155 pound championship firmly jammed up after a yearā€™s worth of Alexander Volkanovski fights, ā€œThe Highlightā€ wanted to get back in the cage. When the UFC offered him Holloway at UFC 300, he jumped on the opportunity.

ā€œItā€™s just kind of the way it rolls,ā€ Gaethje said in an interview with UFC.com. ā€œItā€™s definitely the way that my life ā€” quarter-mile at a time at all timesā€¦ I love it. I love the unknown of this sport, of this life that Iā€™ve been lucky, to be blessed [to live].ā€
Holloway is a tough opponent, one who has never been knocked out or even knocked down in his long UFC career. Itā€™s not something Justin is concerned about, though. He believes when he touches ā€œBlessed,ā€ itā€™ll be a different story.

ā€œI donā€™t take anything from the past and apply it to the situation that Iā€™m going to be in,ā€ he said. ā€œI think that the same case could be said for Tony Ferguson. And no one had ever knocked out Dustin Poirier like that. I promise you that. Iā€™m the best at creating damage.ā€

ā€œIf I go in there and fight my fight, stay calm, happiness, anger, no emotion can help me in there. I gotta be clearheaded, focused. Thereā€™s nothing like being under these lights. I live for it and more so than most. Iā€™m excited. Iā€™m going to be ready for it.ā€
This isnā€™t just a placeholder fight for Gaethje. He knows that lightweight is one of the most competitive divisions in the sport and you often have to re-establish your claim on the No. 1 contender spot to keep the Dustin Poiriers from stepping in with a more recent win. With Charles Oliveira also featured at UFC 300, ā€œThe Highlightā€ knows whatā€™s at stake.

ā€œIā€™m excited to put it on the line again,ā€ he declared. ā€œI think thereā€™s going to be two contenders coming out that night. Thereā€™s four of us with the opportunity, and my goal and job is to stand out above and beyond those guys.ā€

1 Like

I worry Justin is going to Tony, Max

3 Likes

Holloway should pull out with a ā€œfluā€ and then take the Topuria fight in spain

3 Likes

Lol if Geathje gets koed stiff

2 Likes

155 max could have that insane 1 punch KO

I want Justin to lose just so we can see goatfucker Islam fight Arman after Arman fucks up Charles Oliveira.

1 Like

Me watching Max wake up from unconsciousness and leave the arena with a limp

2 Likes

This seems like a stupid fight, but will be fucking legit. Just not sure why they did this? If gajthe loses it fucks him all over at 155, if Holloway loses, he REALLY has nowhere to go

2 Likes

The whole thing is really a lose lose.

Max wins he isnā€™t getting a title shot at 155, Gaethje wins, cool you beat a 145er.

Gaethje loses he lost his shot, Max loses like you said, heā€™s kind of out of options

Max is a nice guy ,I hope the ref saves him from permanent damage.
Keep that Herb Dean away from this fight, his letting of Justin turning Tonyā€™s face into hamburger meat was shameful.

justin will probably poke his eye out in the first round

1 Like

We can only hope. Little eye poke no damage

People act like Poirier completely destroyed Max in their fight but this couldnā€™t be further from the truth. Max had his moments, won RD 4 iirc and at one point also came close to TKO-ing Dustin. DC and Rogan were sucking Poriers dick way too hard.

Max is a live dog against Gaethe and Iā€™ll put some money on it

I just worry about leg kicks, Max DOES NOT check leg kicks and Justin has some of the best

1 Like

Loveā€™em both dudes, but i wanna see some violence! No matter who wins

Max wonā€™t be the same after losing to Gaethje. He doesnā€™t have the power to earn respect and get Gaethje to back up. Bad matchup for Max.

1 Like

This will be very bad for mma.
Max will be reduced to a jellified blob on the floor with some bone shards poking out of the surface.
Theyā€™ll have to scoop him up with a shovel and put him in a large bucket.

1 Like

The new Gaethe is more of counter striker I donā€™t think heā€™ll pressure as hard as one may think. The leg kicks canā€™t be ignored though that can be a game changer. I really want this one to go all 5