DJ vs Cejudo 2 ?

Demetrius johnson vs @HenryCejudo coming to you in the summer. Who's excited?

— Ali Abdelaziz (@AliAbdelaziz00) February 21, 2018

Hahaha… Yeah, real excited.

I want to like MM, but the last thing I want to see is more rematches that weren’t even close the first time around.

Not even worth streaming imho.

Lol @ Ali,  he's seems so slimey.  

"Who's excited?"

Idk, their moms... maybe?  

ChomskyBlackBelt -

I really like this fight.

I would have preferred to see Cejudo have at least one more, but I’ll take it.

Cejudo is NOT the same fighter he was the first time around. I’m not saying he’ll win, but this is going to be a much more competitive match.

FUCK TJ and his campaign to run away from his division and chase a smaller fighter.

So many around here bitch and moan about fighters not defending belts, but it’s ok for TJ!?

There are plenty of great fights for him at bantamweight, not the least of which is a rematch with Cruz!

It is, if TJ is going to shut MM the fuck up.  

MM is dick tuckin.  

Goat? Yeah fucking right.  

I like this fight after the TJ fight.

Get rid of the division.

ChomskyBlackBelt -
ThunderlipsTapped -
ChomskyBlackBelt -

Cejudo is NOT the same fighter he was the first time around. I’m not saying he’ll win, but this is going to be a much more competitive match.

FUCK TJ and his campaign to run away from his division and chase a smaller fighter.

So many around here bitch and moan about fighters not defending belts, but it’s ok for TJ!?

There are plenty of great fights for him at bantamweight, not the least of which is a rematch with Cruz!

MM is dick tuckin.  

TJ - Possible match ups in his OWN DIVISION that make PERFECT SENSE, rematch Cruz, rematch Cody, rematch Assunção, Rivera, Moraes...

BUT instead he wants to chase after a SMALLER fighter.

DJ - Guy has taken on all contenders in his OWN DIVISION, has shown weaknesses ONLY when fighting larger opponents 

...And DJ is the pussy!?

Ok...

Yeah because he cries about his popularity and yet he turns down his biggest challenge.  Pussy

NBKfanforlife - 
ChomskyBlackBelt -
ThunderlipsTapped -
ChomskyBlackBelt -

MM is dick tuckin.  

TJ - Possible match ups in his OWN DIVISION that make PERFECT SENSE, rematch Cruz, rematch Cody, rematch Assunção, Rivera, Moraes...

DJ - Guy has taken on all contenders in his OWN DIVISION, has shown weaknesses ONLY when fighting larger opponents 

...And DJ is the pussy!?

Ok...

Yeah because he cries about his popularity and yet he turns down his biggest challenge.  Pussy

What’s TJ’s record at 125?

Who has he beat at 125?

There have been dozens of cases that show that dropping weight isn’t always the best thing to do. Unless he’s got a history at 125, at least one fight to prove he can make the weight and still be good to go, he shouldn’t walk into a title fight.

And I’d feel this way about anyone at any weight class, so…

ChomskyBlackBelt -
ThunderlipsTapped -
ChomskyBlackBelt -

MM is dick tuckin.  

...And DJ is the pussy!?

Ok...

Plus MM already fought for the 135 belt

I really like Cejudo, I actually wish he’d wrestle just a little bit more when he fights.

I think given Dillashaw's record and how weak 125 is as a division/how depleted the contenders are, it is perfectly reasonable to say TJ has earned a crack at MM. But I wouldn't mind seeing him take a tune up fight to prove he can make the weight and perform adequately after the cut. Those 10 pounds are a bitch when you are that small. He seems confident that it's a non issue though.

If you look at this as TJ "picking on" a smaller fighter, and not challenging a dominant champion and being willing to drop to his division, your logic is screwy. This is not by any means an easy fight for him, and it's pretty clear he is looking to do something more high profile than a rematch.

Thankfully, between the MM fight and the stacked up and comers at 135, the division will be busy for awhile unlike 125 which is stale, and 145 which is losing steam.

TJ has 1 win at 135 in the last 14 months. Why can’t he defend his title?

And he says he wants to show he’s #1 p4p? How does fighting a smaller guy prove that? If he wants to fight a champ in another weight class, why isn’t he calling Max out?

kennyfrommd - 

I think given Dillashaw's record and how weak 125 is as a division/how depleted the contenders are, it is perfectly reasonable to say TJ has earned a crack at MM. But I wouldn't mind seeing him take a tune up fight to prove he can make the weight and perform adequately after the cut. Those 10 pounds are a bitch when you are that small. He seems confident that it's a non issue though.

If you look at this as TJ "picking on" a smaller fighter, and not challenging a dominant champion and being willing to drop to his division, your logic is screwy. This is not by any means an easy fight for him, and it's pretty clear he is looking to do something more high profile than a rematch.

Thankfully, between the MM fight and the stacked up and comers at 135, the division will be busy for awhile unlike 125 which is stale, and 145 which is losing steam.

So why doesn’t TJ go up to 145 and help it gain steam?

FrontBroRian - TJ has 1 win at 135 in the last 14 months. Why can't he defend his title?

And he says he wants to show he’s #1 p4p? How does fighting a smaller guy prove that? If he wants to fight a champ in another weight class, why isn’t he calling Max out?

If he can make 125, what does it matter? How will that make DJ the smaller fighter? If he wants to prove he is the #1 P4P fighter, wouldn’t it make sense to beat the current #1 P4P fighter?

FrontBroRian -
kennyfrommd - 

Why would he purposefully go into a division where he is undersized and bring more adversity on himself for less pay off? That makes no sense. Following that logic, why wouldn’t he go to 155, or 170 then?

kennyfrommd - 
FrontBroRian -
kennyfrommd - 

Why would he purposefully go into a division where he is undersized and bring more adversity on himself for less pay off? That makes no sense. Following that logic, why wouldn’t he go to 155, or 170 then?

So wait…if DJ and TJ make 125 they are the same size?

But if TJ and Max weigh 145 TJ will be undersized and at a disadvantage?

Not all fighters are the exact same size at the same weight class. TJ wants to fight the smaller guy. That’s it. Aldo wanted to go up and fight Pettis. Conor went up to fight RDA/Alvarez. Benson wanted to go up and fight GSP. Anderson went up 3X to fight at LHW. Woodley wanted to go up and fight Bisping. TJ wants to go down. First champ in UFC history to only want to fight the smaller guy?

BJ went up to fight Hughes. BJ went up to fight GSP. With the above post, that’s a lot of champs going up or wanting to go up.

However 1, and only 1 has been calling out the smaller guy for like a year now. And keeps mum on Max because he knows he needs the size advantage and is scared to go up.

FrontBroRian -
kennyfrommd - 
FrontBroRian -
kennyfrommd - 

So wait…if DJ and TJ make 125 they are the same size?

But if TJ and Max weigh 145 TJ will be undersized and at a disadvantage?

Not all fighters are the exact same size at the same weight class. TJ wants to fight the smaller guy. That’s it. Aldo wanted to go up and fight Pettis. Conor went up to fight RDA/Alvarez. Benson wanted to go up and fight GSP. Anderson went up 3X to fight at LHW. Woodley wanted to go up and fight Bisping. TJ wants to go down. First champ in UFC history to only want to fight the smaller guy?

You’re projecting too much about the size disparity. If not all fighters are the exact same size at the same weight class, then why does this even matter to you? You’re so stuck on the MM being a weight class down, that you’re ignoring the actual reasons why it makes more sense in favor of making him out to be taking the easy route. If the #1 p4p fighter in the world that has legitimately run out of contenders in his weight class was at 145, then yes, he would probably move up, but that isn’t the case and there is literally no reason to think TJ is "scared" aside from having made that up in your head. Cowardice, or a high profile fight that will be a massive pay day at a more favorable and reasonable weight with the #1 p4p fighter, in a division that lacks contenders and starpower. Hmmm I wonder.

So wait…you guys always complain about anything MM says, point out his division needs to be axed from the UFC, and he’s the least popular champ in UFC history and no one watches him, now he’s this huge high profile fight?

Weird, I’d think going up in weight and fighting the guy who destroyed Jose Aldo twice would be a bigger profile fight.

Good to know MM is such a huge desirable opponent now.

MM likely wants to get paid and UFC didn't offer him what he wanted. Can't blame the guy. He is arguably The GOAT and gets paid like crap. This is his one chance to cash in and he is willing to wait for the right offer. He's not scared of TJ but knows it's his one chance to get paid and wants to take advantage of it.