They gave BJ one of the toy belts. haha

Guess BJ left his belt in Hawaii? It was funny seeing Dana put one of those toy replicas around his waist.

what?

PTSandman makes belts and can recognize a fugazi a mile away.

I thought that belt look a little...off

I thought that belt look a little...off

It's a fugazi...a fu^^in' fugazi for the champ?!?

Real nickle and gold plating have a different look.
Also the real belts have a solid leather strap which should be floppy.

The belt in that picture has a shine on the strap and stiff as a board which makes it easy to pick out as the vinyl strap on the replica belt.

Also the real belts have 3 layer side plates, the toy replica screwed up and only made it 2 layer.

Maybe the recession has his Zuffa and they don't want to pay $5500 for the real belts anymore and figure people can't tell the difference if they give out the toy replicas instead?

BeefSupreme - I thought they had the belt in Memphis as it was on the table during the presser.

If it is infact a fake - maybe it was lost somewhere prior to the event?

Maybe Hulk Hogan took it??

Romoshop material if someone wants to add the UFC belt, brother.

looks real to me

rockfists - 

Does anyone know if the fighters get to keep the belt after they win it:?   For some reason I thought, each title fight, a new belt is given.    I when BJ came back to fight matt hughes, he said that the 170 belt is at home in his dresser or something like that.    Plus I thought boxers keep their belts after they loss and retire.

Maybe another belt is given to them after they loss the real one, for "keep sake"?

This has been discussed a few times. In the SEG days a new belt was made for each title fight and winner kept the belt.

When ZUFFA took over new designs were made. Old champions were given the new belt design.

There is a stock of belts kept. Fighter keeps the belt when they win it. If they retain, they do not get a new belt. When a new champion wins, they give him one of the new belts.

People tend to bring up people like Couture, Hughes, Frank Shamrock having numerous belts, and they can all be explained. Probably take a little to find the old topic but I have wrote it all out before.

Good info, i always wondered that myself

Once you win the belt that is yours.

When you retain I believe they put the "new" belt on you, but you give it back backstage, or if your bring yours, they just put that back on you. This is something I hope someone more involved could clear up. We just know currently you do not get to keep a 2nd, 3rd, etc belt for each defense.

When they go to new designs IE: Ultiman to Octagon, v1 Octagon to v2, v2 to v3, they gave the champs at the time new versions of the belt upon their defense.

PTSandman

interesting shit dude, i was under the impression if successfully defended they DO get a new belt, to indicate that defence, which is why champions are often reffered to as "5 time champion" defending 5 times - 5 belts.

if they are a 5 time champ with just one belt at home that would be prety damn shitty?...

For example, Anderson Silva only has one belt? As does Matt Serra?

You get a new one every time you defend correct?

PTSandman - Once you win the belt that is yours.

When you retain I believe they put the "new" belt on you, but you give it back backstage, or if your bring yours, they just put that back on you. This is something I hope someone more involved could clear up. We just know currently you do not get to keep a 2nd, 3rd, etc belt for each defense.

When they go to new designs IE: Ultiman to Octagon, v1 Octagon to v2, v2 to v3, they gave the champs at the time new versions of the belt upon their defense.

Then please tell me how a guy like Handy has so many belts at his house???

If they only get to keep one?

Because he has lost and regained the title a few times...

piratepirate - You get a new one every time you defend correct?

lol I think the belt guy just said that wasnt correct anymore bro